What we do
Learning Digital offers digital skills training, advice and support to digitally and socially excluded groups to help improve their lives and overcome social challenges.
Using the Basic Digital Skills Framework developed by “Go ON UK” (now Doteveryone) as a starting point, we offer digital skills training to help people acquire and improve these skills.
Here are just a few of the basic skills that we can help with:
- Browsing the internet, setting up and using email and attachments; dealing with spam.
- Password management, managing and storing digital information.
- Communicating: We can help tackle social exclusion by teaching people how to communicate, interact, collaborate, share and connect with others using Skype and social media.
- Purchasing and selling goods and services online.
- Organising finances, using money saving websites, registering for and using government digital services.
Computer help group: Bexley Computer Club
We meet on Monday evenings and have three computer helpers. The session usually starts off with a short presentation by one of the helpers followed by support and advice on whatever people need at the time.